Recent Posts

Monday, August 28, 2017

Release & Review - Chasing Red (Red #1) by Isabelle Ronin

Image and blurb from Goodreads
Title: Chasing Red
(Red #1)
Author: Isabelle Ronin
Release Date: September 5th, 2017
Age Category/ Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca

Find out why millions of readers love Chasing Red

Chasing Red is the Wattpad phenomenon with over 130 million reads, and one million reads each week. Revised and with new original content, it will be published in two volumes, Chasing Red and Always Red. New readers and fans alike will fall in love with Red and Caleb--over and over again.

HER HEART MIGHT BE THE ONE THING HE CAN'T WIN...
When cynical straight-A college student Veronica "Red" Strafford gets kicked out of her apartment, notorious basketball player Caleb Lockhart offers her a place to stay. Intensely drawn to her, Caleb wants something for the first time in his life. But Veronica's painful past makes trusting difficult, and her heart might just be the one thing Caleb can't win.

They said she was going to be my ruin...then let her ruin me.
 

Goodreads

Buy Links: Amazon

2 “Color me disappointed” Stars

ARC via NetGalley.

Thank you, Sourcebooks Casablanca!

I'm definitely one of those New Adult fans saddened by the fact that the genre didn't stick. Sure there was that BOOM a few years ago, but traditional publishers seem to avoid NA books at all costs, and it's been hard to even find self-published material lately.

So I was intrigued when I saw Chasing Red on NetGalley.

A Wattpad phenomenon, Chasing Red promises exactly what I look for in NA books: college kids falling in love and lots of drama. The problem was I didn't like the drama and I didn't fall in love with the characters.

Told from the POV of both main characters, Caleb and Veronica, the book simply lacked any wow factor for me. Caleb's POV chapters were a little better than Veronica's, but not good enough to impress me. As to Veronica, I simply didn't care for her that much. I couldn't connect with them, which means the book didn't have much of a chance of intriguing me.

I was mainly disappointed because the premise in itself usually hooks me. I'm a sucker for "the girl in trouble goes to live with bad boy and they fall in love" kind of story, but the lack of chemistry between Caleb and Veronica, the stilted dialogue, and my lack of connection with the characters kept me from fully enganging with the story.

No matter how hungry I was for another college romance book, Chasing Red didn't do it for me.
*If you liked this review (or not), if you read the book (or not), come say hello and leave your comments bellow.

No comments: