Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

#T5W - Top 5 Wednesday - Favorite Character Names

#T5W or Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme created by Lainey & hosted on the Goodreads T5W group. Come join us!

This week's theme is: Favorite Character Names.


#1 - Shahrzad from The Wrath & The Dawn

Last year (or the one before that) the Brazilian network "Band" started broadcasting the Turkish TV soap "Thousand and One Nights", and the way the narrator said the main character's name was hilarious. I couldn't help but think of Renée Ahdie's character whenever I heard it.






#2 - Willa from How Willa Got Her Groove Back 

Is it just me or is Willa such a cool name? I don't know what exactly makes me think that, but I liked it from the moment I saw it. Maybe it's because how awesome this book title sounds or because I enjoyed this book so much, but I love the MC's name.





#3 - Inej from Six of Crowns

Short. Strong. Full of personality. Just like my favorite character from this awesome, AWESOME book.







#4 - Celaena from Throne of Glass


Because she's Caelena to me. Don't care I'm mispronouncing her name. She'll always be my Caelena, which makes her especial. ;-D





#5 - Hermione Granger from Harry Potter

You have to say it all together and fast so you get the full effect of her name. How can I not love a name (and the person) that I'm still mispronouncing so many years later?






In case you're curious, here's my review on some of the books mentioned above:

*The Wrath & The Dawn - English & Portuguese
*The Rose & The Dagger - English
*How Willa Got Her Groove Back  English
*Six of Crowns English

No comments: